Sunday, July 21, 2013

My DIL quilts - hooray!

If you have read my blog for awhile you might remember that before moving this year I had been teaching my DIL to quilt. She was really making progress and our final project together was a quilt for her Mom as a Christmas gift. She seemed to enjoy it and I gave her some rulers and a cutter for Christmas to go with the mat she already had. She had learned how to cut but in the interest of speed I had done most of the cutting for her and she still seemed a bit unsure of herself when I had to move. A few days ago I had to go back to Atlanta and stayed with my son and DIL and she surprised me with her latest work - done all on her own!







These first 2 are little play quilts she has made for the little daughters of friends. Such fun happy colors and done without the use of a pattern.





And this sweet top she made to put away for the baby daughter they are hoping to adopt.

The plan is that when she visits in September we can get these quilted on my longarm machine.

I am so delighted to see her excitement in quilting grow and proud of her growing confidence and skills. My son says I have brought another one over the the "dark side" but I am thrilled to have another happy recruit. That now makes three in the family that will be fighting over my stash when I am gone. LOL

Happy stitching!

4 comments:

sunny said...

How wonderful! And it's not so bad on the dark side. There's plenty of fabric to go around - so the more the merrier. Cute quilts!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Yay! Another quilter!! Your DILs quilt are wonderful, I love her use of hot pink, so fun and vibrant!

Judy Dietrich said...

Sounds like what my son would say. Maybe he needs a Star Wars themed quilt!!! I cheated and bought fleece to make a soft blanket for his couch. He uses it. I also wanted to tell you that I love your colors in your compass for LE. Also liked reading how you put the triangle sections on.

Oops-Lah said...

Lovely quilts but I'm not surprised as your DIL had a terrific teacher!