Sunday, June 16, 2013

Waiting

Lots of sewing was happening this week but not too much I can show. I am waiting to post photos of something until it has been given away and I am waiting to start 2 new projects. Waiting because both projects are being launched soon online but not quite yet. First up is a quilt along with Michelle at the quilting Gallery. It will be ongoing through the summer and is called Aiming For Accuracy - a pieced project. And then Esther Aliu has a Yahoo group where she will soon be starting an 18 month BOM of an appliqued coverlet from the 1790's. So while I am busy collecting fabrics and not wanting to start something new I have returned to this UFO. This is William Morris and Friends from Michele Hill's first book. I just finished these blocks and will soon be ready to tackle the large center. Sometimes waiting can be fun!







Happy stitching!

10 comments:

Dolores said...

I do like your Wm. Morris blocks.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Those sew alongs sound great. Your William Morris blocks are beautiful. I love fabric you used for the birds wings.

Carrie P. said...

just lovely. sounds like you are going to start some neat new projects.

Janet said...

There's nothing as exciting as starting new projects. I'm loving the William Morris blocks. Loved seeing the animals in your last blog too, well done!

Mayleen said...

Beautiful! I, too, love your fabric choice for the blackbirds' wings.

Elaine said...

so pretty, love the fabric you have for the bird wings :) I too am waiting for Esther to launch - I have being tidying my sewing space!

audrey said...

I just found Esther's blog and find her work amazing. Great work on your applique block!

Jane in Cumbria said...

Your blocks are stunning! I love the fabrics!

Angie in SoCal said...

Beautiful, beautiful work, Heather

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

So pretty!