Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Great Granny quilt along

Back in the summer, Lori Holt of Bee In My Bonnet hosted the Great Granny quilt along. I loved the blocks and knew they would be a fun project for the Summer House jelly roll that I had. This week I decided to finally get going on this project and I am having fun so far. Since I like to add my own spin to a line of fabric I added a bit of orange and while I am happy overall, one of the blocks is not quite working for me but I am withholding judgement til I have made more. I still need to square up the blocks but don't have the right ruler here. I guess that means a trip to the fabric store to buy one!

4 comments:

Grit said...

I love your granny blocks.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Julierose said...

I like those branny blocks a lot--they look like fun to make, too. Julierose

Rachaeldaisy said...

I've really enjoyed seeing these Granny Blocks popping up in blogland. Yours are beautiful, I love the fabrics you're using, the orange pop works well.

sunny said...

Love your blocks! You be careful at the quilt store, strange things can follow you home.