Saturday, June 23, 2012

Itching to get stitching

My house is filled with family this summer and while that is fun, I am missing my sewing time. Here are a two more blocks that I have prepped and ready to start sewing. I find it works for me to cut out each piece and glue them down with Roxanne's Glue before I begin sewing. That way I can see the whole block to make sure I am happy with the shading. It also makes it do relaxing to just sit and sew and it becomes a very portable project. I needle turn the edges so I must be careful to keep the glue away from the edges but since each piece only needs a few dots it works fine.
Hope I have time for a bit of stitching soon!

11 comments:

Brandie said...

Amazing petals, again! What does that fabric look like as a whole?

Donna~~ said...

Wow those are really gorgeous! These are going to make such a fabulous quilt!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Absolutely beautiful as always!! Love the little bee!

Carrie P. said...

OOO! those are going to be great.

Julierose said...

Lovely blocks; I envy your ability to needleturn--my edges just get all kaflooie and ravel and fray--I have been using the freezer paper method a bit and it's not quite so bad....I don't think I will ever be a hightest appliquer...but I love the "look" or all of your flowers--especially the daisies/sunflowers....fantastic Julierose

Barb said...

Love them!

Lisa said...

Your fabric selection and shading is amazing, and really brings the blocks to life! I see you are doing Sue Spargo's BOM too. I have yet to start it, but hope to get it prepped for my vacation later this week. The stitches around that center flower made my jaw drop. I'm sure that won't be something I'll get done in one sitting. :)

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Oh my goodnes...WOW! So beautiful!

Ulla's Quilt World said...

So lovely! :)
http://quiltworld2.blogspot.fi/
Hugs, Ulla (from Finland)

Esther Aliu said...

What a stunning block this is!

Esther Aliu said...

Really love your Jacob's Ladder variation on the flower head, very effective. I don't know which block I love more...both are so appealing!