Saturday, April 7, 2012

Fun days ahead

With DH's move behind us I am looking forward to getting into the swing of life again.  First on my list of "to do's" is the raffle quilt for my quilt guilt.  I agreed to spearhead this project back in the fall when I thought life was going to be getting simpler and I would have lots of time.  I was so wrong about that and now I am way behind but working hard to catch up.  Here is half of the border that I will be sewing, all prepped and ready to begin stitching (well once I prep the other half).  It is from the pattern Stars and Sprigs by Kim McLean and is being done in Kaffe fabrics.  So fun to fussy cut those leaves and buds.  Hope the guild members get as excited about this quilt as I am.  I've been busy with making the kits for the pieced and appliqued blocks to give to guild members and was so happy to have help from Deborah, Jackie and Stella in cutting and assembly.
 
Since I finished the applique on this quilt and on the block from my last post I am all caught up with my prepped applique so the timing for that border is perfect.  Now I just have to find time to sew this top together so I can clear the design wall.
This little darling is what is going to be taking up much of my time in the days ahead.  My new grandson, Christopher.  In one week his mom must go back to work to finish out the school year (she is a teacher).  Since she plans to be a stay at home mom after that, I am thrilled to be able to help out with babysitting for 6 weeks. So 4 days a week will be filled with the fun of a baby.  I can't wait to go back to the days of feeding, changing and holding a baby and the best part is I get to return him to Mom and Dad every night.  I'm hoping this baby stuff will be easier when you get some sleep every night!

Happy Stitching

7 comments:

Brandie said...

Love that border! You're right about KM making the fabrics look good.
What great time you'll have with Christopher.

Julierose said...

Absolutely aDORable baby--such fun times--Happy Holiday to you and yours...Julierose

Rachaeldaisy said...

Christopher is so cute!! You are going to love spending time with him!! I love your applique sashing quilt, and I'm so impressed that you are organising the Stars and Sprigs quilt for a raffle quilt. Your border looks amazing!!!

Janet said...

How lucky you are to have Christopher all to yourself, he's just adorable. The raffle quilt is going to be fabulous, everyone will be buying tickets. Your applique is right up ther too, I love seeing anything you do.

Carrie P. said...

I am sure that your guild will sell lots of tickets when they see that quilt. I love the pieces that you have picked out so far.
Your other top is fabulous!
Oh! he is so adorable. Have fun!

imquilternity said...

You have a lovely blog...I'm going to be a new follower on google reader from now on!!

Barb said...

Every time I come to your site I tell myself that I am going to hand applique, I just love what you do. Lucky you to have such a cutie to occupy your time.