Friday, February 10, 2012

Super "bolt" sale

 I just realized that I forgot to post about my fun shopping this past Sunday.  My LQS has a super bolt sale every year and these colorful bolts are what I purchased. We not the white background ones on the right and two of the colored bolts are actually from the sale last year.  I am trying to add some brights to my stash this year and this is certainly a great way to buy backings. These bolts ranged from 5 to 20 dollars per bolt - a great deal and amazingly they actually look pretty good together, though that was not intended at the time.
Oops, this photo went sideways when it was posted, but maybe you can see the little eyes poking out of the pocket.  This is the center of the larger baby quilt from a few posts ago.  A tiny pocket with a little felt owl peeking out.  I want to make a few more surprises for the pocket but obviously not for when the child is a baby and the own is fully removable.
Off to the fabric store to buy the fabric for a guild raffle quilt, such fun.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Now that is fun!!!!

Jessie Fincham said...

wooow!! I wish my LQS did that! that is an amazing way to buy backing fabric, soo jealous. Great buys!
Jessie, xo

Rachaeldaisy said...

That little owl is SO cute!! That bolt sale sounds amazing!! I cant believe you got those fabrics so cheaply. Perfect for backings ans borders!