Thursday, December 22, 2011

Missing in action!

 The craziness of the season caused a minor quilting scare late last week.  I had a few extra minutes and thought I would do a little applique on this block for my quilt based on Chinese embroideries.  I had forgotten to bring my silk applique threads home with me after my son's surgery, so when he arrived here for the holidays I was itching to stitch.  Horror of horrors, the quilt block was nowhere to be found!  I spent much of a day looking in all my bins of fabric (and trust me there is a lot of it) and even resorted to calling my SIL who had been here in late Oct. to see if she had scooped it up by mistake.  I was pretty distraught cause I didn't think I had enough of the fabric used in the flower to fussy cut the petals again.  But as often happens, another idea of where to look came to me in my sleep and I woke up ready to look again.  Sure enough I found it folded inside some backing fabric that I had been auditioning recently. It was a relief to find it but I think sometimes I am going crazy, misplacing stuff even though I try to stay organized.

I finished the block today and am so happy that I found it cause I love the way the lotus turned out.  Only one more block before I need to figure out borders.  I love the Christmas projects but it is nice to get back to other projects.

3 comments:

Janet said...

The block is stunning, the petals look so realistic. I'm glad you found it, I misplace things like that but I think it's because I have too much stuff.

Miriam said...

Your lotus block is amazing!!
I am glad you found it. I also found something this week after sleeping on it.

Rachaeldaisy said...

What an amazing block, thankfully you found it! I spent an hour looking for a fabric today and still couldn't find it. I was only using it a week ago! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!!!