Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The snowmen are home

 Finally the snowmen and I are home and as I had hoped they are all ready to be put together.

These have been fun and quick. Just the thing for the past week.

And here they are all up on the design wall awaiting sashing.
The original pattern called for scrappy sashing with cornerstones in a different color and my original intent when I started was to have black sashing, made with many different fabrics and then red corner stones.  But seeing it up on the design wall I like this lighter look and have decided to go in a different direction.  Can't wait to get started cutting to see how it turns out.  Sometimes you just have to listen to the quilt!

3 comments:

Brandie said...

These are looking great! What fun and a great holiday project.

Oops-Lah said...

Really cute. It will be a lovely holiday quilt, which can be used year after year and make you smile!

Trails of Grace said...

I LOVE this quilt! It is super adorable! I have not done any snow men quilts, you make me wanna go through my scrap basket and get busy creating!