Thursday, September 22, 2011

In a piecing mood

Despite the fact that I love applique, sometimes I just get in a piecing kinda mood.  This week is one of those times.  I knew that I wanted a project that would just be pieced and since I really didn't have a project like that on the go I was able to start something new.  Yippee!  Kinda my reward for all the finishes I've had lately.  This is from last year's McCall's Quilting for Christmas.  I had been collecting some Christmas fabrics for a few years with no project in mind and decided to use them in this quilt.  It is really fun to piece so many different blocks and to select the fabrics for each block.  I'm over half way and can see that I'm really not making much of a dent in this stash so I guess there are more Christmas projects to come.  Maybe at table runner is next. 

3 comments:

Doris said...

Oh, Heather, I am not much of a sampler style quilt fan, in general, BUT that quilt is going to be stunning! Gotta love those great magazine finds, huh!

LuAnn said...

I love your blocks and the colors. Looks like you are well on your way to a finished top.

Janet said...

I love your blocks and how they're set to look random, fabulous!