Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A few more from Captain Russell

I just realized that I have been so busy that I haven't posted in awhile.  Here are a couple more from the Captain Russell quilt.  The pattern for this quilt is available from the Baltimore Museum of Art.  They have a website and it can be ordered though I have made a few changes to the original.  
For example this one with the birds in the center has the wreath from the Captain Russell quilt but the birds are part of another pattern.  I just love these little birds.
Right now I am watching the weather very closely as we have a townhouse in Charleston, SC and our son lives there while attending College of Charleston.  We are following hurricane Irene and praying for everyone in its path and hoping that we won't have to make an emergency trip to board up the house and get our son out of town.  Hopefully I can get a little sewing done to keep my mind off it.

3 comments:

Brandie said...

These are beautiful blocks. You are tempting me...
I love the little birds, they're perfect.
Good luck

Miriam said...

Beautiful work! I love your fabric choices. Those birds' wing are great!

I hope your DS stays safe.

Janet said...

Your blocks are stunning, especially the birds! I love the colours and fabrics you're choosing, they look really great.